Video Interview Production Consultant
Position: Video Interview Production Consultant
Employment Type: Fixed-term Contract
Duration of Employment: 1 month
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Required number of candidates: 1
Application Deadline: November 17, 2023
Organizational Profile: MERSA Media Institute is a nonprofit media policy think tank. We work to help create vibrant, responsible, and independent media institutions, professional unions, and education centers through research, capacity building, and institutional support in Ethiopia.
Position Summary: The Video Interview Production Consultant will play a pivotal role in the successful execution of the Annual Conference on the Promotion of Journalism and Democracy in Practice. This short-term position requires an experienced and creative professional with a deep understanding of the media landscape and proven expertise in video production and interviewing. Working in close collaboration with a designated videographer, cinematographer, and the conference organizing team, the consultant will be responsible for creating an engaging and visually compelling video content for each panel discussion.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the conference organizing team, and cinematographer to grasp the conference theme and panel discussion objectives.
- Conduct thorough background research on panelists and topics to formulate insightful interview questions.
- Propose creative and engaging video concepts that align with the overall conference vision.
- Schedule and coordinate interviews with panelists.
- Work with the team to plan and organize logistics for video shoots, considering technical requirements and ensuring a cohesive and professional setup.
- Conduct professional and engaging interviews with panelists, showcasing a profound understanding of the media space and conference goals.
- Collaborate with cinematographer to ensure synchronized and high-quality video and audio capture.
- Collaborate closely with the cinematographer during the editing process to integrate interview footage with additional visuals, graphics, and elements.
- Participate in regular team meetings to discuss progress, provide updates, and address any challenges.
Experience and qualification:
- Proven experience in video production and interviewing, particularly within the media or journalism space.
- In-depth knowledge of the media landscape, current affairs, and the intersection of journalism and democracy.
- Creative mindset and the ability to collaborate effectively with a team to enhance overall video content quality.
- Strong organizational skills and the capability to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment.
- Previous experience collaborating with videographers and cinematographers.
- Familiarity with the latest trends and technologies in video production.
- Experience working on projects related to journalism, democracy, or related fields.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- A portfolio showcasing previous work in video production and interviews.
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume, portfolio, and cover letter to email@example.com by November 17, 2023, 5:00 PM.
MERSA Media Institute is an equal-opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law