Terms of Reference
Position: Marketing consultant
Type of Contract: Individual Contractors
Required number of candidates: 1
Language Required: English and Amharic
Deadline for Application: Jan 1, 2024.
Expected Starting Date: As soon as possible
Organizational Profile: MERSA Media Institute (MMI) is a nonprofit media policy think tank. We work to help create vibrant, responsible, and independent media institutions, professional unions, and education centers through research, capacity building, and institutional support in Ethiopia.
Marketing consultant will help to drive and execute the marketing strategy for a short period of time for the institute’s media contents as well as will be in charge of conducting market analysis, developing communication strategies, and implementing various marketing programs across different projects.
Scope of Work / Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify digital market trends, and suggesting improvements to achieve the institute’s visibility goals
- Improving brand awareness.
- Develop marketing plans, including market analysis, marketing strategies, and planning, for the institute
- Develop and implement marketing plan
- Identify and communicate creative and effective solutions to external communication needs
- Lead and mentor of our marketing team on social media marketing.
- Conduct online community building activities to grow follower base
- Monitor and review all marketing activities, assess all the results achieved and provide feedback
- Market analysis report on current social media trends
- Branding strategies for all MMI’s productions
- Training and mentorship for MMI’s marketing team
Experience and required qualifications
- Knowledgeable about current trends in styles and genres related to the communication and marketing product.
- Ability to guide the creative process to ensure an optimal standard while remaining open to feedback.
- A good knowledge of social media market segmentation, targeting, and positioning
- Graduate of marketing, marketing management and other business-related fields
- Extensive marketing experience preferably in content marketing
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Great time management abilities and capable of meeting deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Experience in building a strong team with tangible leadership skills
- Strong networking and partnership skills
- Excellent research and organizational skills
- A track record of getting things done
- Creative, storyteller, visual thinker
- Fluency in multiple languages preferred
- Attention to detail and a creative mind
- Thrives under pressure
How to Apply: For qualified applicants, please send your resume and application letter to email@example.com.
MERSA Media Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law