Terms of Reference
Position: Videographer and website developer
Type of Contract: Individual Contractors
Required number of candidate: 2
Language Required: English and Amharic
Deadline for Application: July 29, 2022.
Expected Starting Date: As soon as possible
Organizational Profile: MERSA Media Institute (MMI) is a nonprofit media policy think tank. We work to help create vibrant, responsible, and independent media institutions, professional unions, and education centers through research, capacity building, and institutional support in Ethiopia.
Position summary: The videographer will be in charge of managing the overall video production including training journalists on videography and photography, video and photo editing, graphic design, audio editing as well as taking charge of studio equipment. In addition to developing and managing the website and social media of Mersa Media Institute, the successful candidate will also contribute in the management of project related activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train journalists and MMI staff on the basics of videography and video editing.
- Equip training participants and the staff of MMI with knowledge and skills on photography and photo editing. Shoot and produce quality videos.
- Take responsibility to train training participants on the use and handling of production equipment
- Identify and facilitate the procurement of relevant and compatible editing software.
- Be in charge of training journalists on audio editing and graphics design.
- Develop a user-friendly website, manage and keep it up to date.
- Contribute in the production and management of knowledge and proper documentation of learning materials.
- Manage the social media channels of the institute, increase the reach and impact of articles posted on the social media of the institute.
- Design creative ways of audience engagement and interaction across the social media platforms.
- Take benchmarks, plan and execute strategies to promote the social media of the institute.
- Do social media analytics and a corresponding report thereby indicating the overall visibility of the institute.
- Curate and disseminate relevant content across the social media platforms.
- Publish timely content, constructively engage with users and document relevant feedback.
- Assist in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Produce regular report on the outputs of social media based engagements, document strengths and indicate areas of improvement with an informed recommendation for action.
Experience and required qualifications
- Applicants must have at least BSc in Computer or Information Sciences and related fields
- Diploma in videography and photography
- Good track records or experiences in website or portal design and development
- Relevant experience in the development of websites for NGOs or International organizations.
- Excellent knowledge of web page design and development and software’s installation.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of website management making use of innovative technologies and applications.
- Specific and in-depth expertise in content management system.
- High competence and experience in delivering high quality communications through applying a range of communication technologies and including design, publishing and public relations.
- Applicant should be able to provide samples of previous work upon request (be able to list three websites already developed).
- Experience in social media management, content curation and publishing
- Experience in videography, photography, graphic design, video and audio editing, Adobe in design, publisher etc
- If you have a track record of getting things done, you will enjoy working with us
- Core leadership qualities: shaper, implementer, completer finisher, team worker highly desirable
- Avid learner, thrives under pressure – a no-brainer
- Creative, storyteller, visual thinker
- Self-starter, independent researcher, collaborator
- Project tracking skills and working knowledge of Trello and Google products
How to Apply: Qualified applicants, please send your resume and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
MERSA Media Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.