Employment Type: fixed term Contract
Duration of Employment: 6 months
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Deadline: March15, 2021
Start Date: April 01, 2021
Organizational Profile: MERSA Media Institute is a nonprofit media policy think tank. We work to help create vibrant, responsible and independent media institutions, professional unions and education centers through research, capacity building and institutional support in Ethiopia.
Position Summary: The Project Manager will be responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and completion of MERSA Media Institute’s Dagu Media Lab program and other projects, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization. The Project Manager will also be responsible for managing budgets and operational plans, including the strategic use of resources under the supervision of the Executive Director.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee project plan and implementation
- Develop detailed implementation plan and operational strategy in line with the project design and donor requirements
- Design a plan for resource utilization and take corrective action when necessary
- Develop and ensure appropriate tools and strategy to monitor progress, quality and impact of the project
- Create schedule, project timeline and ensure all deliverables are met
- Develop internal communication strategy and with partners and implement accordingly
- Ensure that systems are in place to support effective project compliance and positive audit results, and that staff understand this system and follow it accordingly
- Develop reports and other project documentation as and when required
- Develop clear, straightforward plans that stimulate employees so that the team can work effectively
- Assist in proposal writing to bid for new projects
- Manage project risks and come up with risk mitigation plans
- Assist in events planning, management and other project related activities.
- Perform any other related task as may be assigned
- Bachelors Degree in project management, business administration, media studies with 5 or more years of experience or a master’s degree in project management, MBA or other related fields with 2–5 years of NGO/private sector experience
- Proven experience in project management for NGOs or media development related work
- Stakeholder and team management and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and other local languages
- Leadership core qualifications including team work, planning and organizing
How to Apply: Prospectors please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
MERSA Media Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.