Position: Project Associate
Employment Type: fixed term Contract
Duration of Employment: 6 months, with a possibility of extension
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organizational Profile: MERSA Media Institute is a nonprofit media policy think tank. We work to help create vibrant, responsible and independent media institutions, professional unions and education centers through research, capacity building and institutional support in Ethiopia.
Position Summary: The Project Associate will assist in the direction, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and completion of MERSA Media Institute’s Dagu Media Lab program and other projects, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization. The Project Associate will also help in operational plans, including the strategic use of resources under the supervision of the program manager and coordinator. He/she will closely work with project team members and help deliver major organizational projects efficiently.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support in project plan and implementation
- Help design a plan for resource utilization and take corrective action when necessary
- Develop and ensure appropriate tools and strategy to monitor progress, quality and impact of the project
- Help create schedule, project timeline and ensure all deliverables are met
- Support to develop internal communication strategy and with partners and implement accordingly
- Develop and review reports and other project documentation as and when required
- Assist in proposal writing to bid for new projects
- Assist in events planning, management and other project related activities.
- Sharing relevant documentation and reports with project teams
- Being point of contact for various working groups
- Assist the overall operation of the institute
- Ensuring resource and equipment are always available
- Perform any other related task as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in project management, business administration, media studies, management, economics, development studies, computer science and an experience working in NGO/private sector would be a plus.
- Stakeholder and team management and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and other local languages
- Leadership core qualifications including team work, planning and organizing
How to Apply: Prospectors please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
MERSA Media Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.