Terms of Reference for Layout Designer for a Publication
Job Title: Layout Designer
Type of Contract: Individual Contractors
Required number of candidate = 1
Language Required: English
Deadline for Application: November 05, 2021.
Expected Starting Date: As soon as possible
MERSA Media Institute is a nonprofit media policy think tank. We work to help create vibrant, responsible and independent media institutions, professional unions and education centers through research, capacity building and institutional support in Ethiopia.
Mersa Media Institute in partnership with USAID/OTI with the aim of bridging the gap in the understanding and navigation of stakeholders and encouraging effective implementation by state regulators; is working on an explanation note for the new media law and five new media directives. To make the media climate more vibrant, effective interpretation and implementation of the media law is of the utmost importance with this in mind producing a legal briefing/explanation note to train state regulators, private and public media leaders has been produced. Thus, the purpose of this consultancy is to work on the layout design of the legal briefing document in order to get it ready for print and distribution.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- The layout designer will be responsible for doing the graphic design of a 300 – 350 pages of explanation note document;
- The layout designer will also be responsible for doing the graphic design of 5 media directives to be published together; and
- Timely delivery of the designed documents for review by MMI team and consolidating the feedbacks given by the team for the final delivery.
Experience and Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, Information Technology, Graphic Design and related field of study.
- Two or more years of experience in graphic design and layout design.
How to apply? Prospectors, please send your resume, cover letter, price quotation and previous work to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
MERSA Media Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.