Terms of Reference for a graphics designer for a publication
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Type of Contract: Individual Contractors
Required number of candidate = 1
Language Required: English
Deadline for Application: December 22, 2021.
Expected Starting Date: As soon as possible
MERSA Media Institute is a nonprofit media policy think tank. We work to help create vibrant, responsible and independent media institutions, professional unions and education centers through research, capacity building and institutional support in Ethiopia.
Mersa Media Institute in partnership with Deutsche Welle Akademie conducted a study with the objective of assessing challenges impacting the sustainability of media houses operating in Ethiopia. The study looked into the overarching issues including but not limited to technology, business model, political and economic factors as well as professionalism to understand the general media landscape and deep-rooted problems thereof. With desk research and survey employed to gather the relevant data, the study put forth recommendations vital for vibrant, responsible, ethical and above all sustainable media operations in Ethiopia. Thus, the purpose of this consultancy is to work on the graphic design of the study titled: Media as Business: Viability of Ethiopian News Media.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- The graphic designer will be responsible for doing the graphic design of a 47 pages of a media viability study.
- The graphic designer should include feedback from Mersa Media Institute throughout the graphic designing process.
- The graphic designer should provide support until the study is printed.
- The graphic designer should maintain an excellent communication with the staff at Mersa Media Institute.
- The graphic designer should submit the final product on time( per the contract)
Experience and Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, Information Technology, Graphic Design and related field of study.
- Two or more years of experience in graphic design and layout design.
How to apply? Prospectors, please send your resume, cover letter, price quotation and previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
MERSA Media Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.