Terms of Reference
Position: Project Associates
Employment Type: Fixed-term Contract
Duration of Employment: 6 months – 1 year, with a possibility of extension
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Required number of candidate: 8
Application Deadline: July 23, 2022
Who you are: Are you a new career prospector who is interested in working in media development and wants to contribute towards the development of a vibrant media space in Ethiopia? Are you a new graduate who has strong competencies in planning and organizing, project implementation, resilience and drive, an avid learner that thrives under pressure? Then come work with us.
Organizational Profile: MERSA Media Institute is a nonprofit media policy think tank. We work to help create vibrant, responsible and independent media institutions, professional unions and education centers through research, capacity building and institutional support in Ethiopia.
Position Summary: The Project Associate will be responsible for supporting all projects at MMI by providing logistic support, facilitating technical efforts, projects, activities under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator in collaboration with authorized staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support MMI’s Project planning and implementation
- Facilitate project plan and implementation of all targets set in the action plan matrix, in collaboration with the Project Manager.
- Digital publishing and management, graphics design, audio-visual content production for web and social media
- Support the project in the procurement process including preparation of TORs, receipts of quotations and evaluation of bids
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, assist participants during their stay
- Monitoring social media and analytic as well as supporting research efforts
- Assist in event planning, management and other project related activities
- Scheduling meetings, setting agendas and writing meeting minutes for the project team
- Organizing, facilitating and participating in stakeholder meetings
- Communication: Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other materials that communicates the organization’s activities
- Documentation: Maintain database: Resources, contacts, project files
- Support new business development processes
- Perform any other related task as may be assigned
Project Associate Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree on Information technology, Economics, Law, Medicine, Social Studies or related field of study
- 0 years working experience
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word,Excel, and Power-point
- Knowledge of documentation and other administrative procedures.
- Avid learner, thrives under pressure – a no-brainer
- Self-starter, independent researcher, collaborator, leadership qualities
- If you have a track record of getting things done, you will enjoy working with us
How to Apply: Prospectors please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
MERSA Media Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.