Terms of Reference
Contract Title: External audit service
Type of Contract: One-time service contract
Languages Required: Amharic and English
Application Deadline: March 10, 2021
Organizational Profile: MERSA Media Institute is a nonprofit media policy think tank. We work to help create vibrant, responsible and independent media institutions, professional unions and education centers through research, capacity building and institutional support in Ethiopia.
Scope of Work:
The external auditor will undertake the following duties and responsibilities and will be expected to;
- Determine whether the financial statements of MERSA Media Institute (for the year beginning on January 01, 2020 and ending on December 31, 2020 are presented fairly in all material respects in conformity with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- The auditor shall also determine whether the financial statement is presented fairly in all material respects in relation to MMI’s finance management and procurement policies and applicable Ethiopian laws and regulation.
- The auditor shall present its findings in writing (English) to MMI leadership
Information to include on your bid:
- Your company profile, staff size, number of auditors, industries served
- Resume of auditors who will be working with MMI
- Your experience in non-profit audit services Reference for audit services provided to non-profit organizations
- A brief description of the benefits of hiring your services to our organization, your approach to audits and how our organization could benefit from hiring your services
- Firm capacity to deliver quality product in a timely manner (30%)
- Experience in non-profit audit (20%)
- Professional competence of assigned professional/s (20%)
- Cost of service delivery (30%)
How to Apply: All interested applicants are requested to submit their proposal by 10, March 2021 to email@example.com with the E-mail subject reading “Audit Service Bid”.
MERSA Media Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.