Graphics Design Consultant
Position: Graphics Designer Consultant
Employment Type: Fixed-term Contract
Duration of Employment: 1 month
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Required number of candidates: 1
Application Deadline: November 23, 2023
Organizational Profile: MERSA Media Institute is a nonprofit media policy think tank. We work to help create vibrant, responsible, and independent media institutions, professional unions, and education centers through research, capacity building, and institutional support in Ethiopia.
Position Summary: The Graphics Designer Consultant will play a pivotal role in the successful execution of the Annual Conference on the Promotion of Journalism and Democracy in Practice. This short-term position requires an experienced and creative professional with a deep understanding of the media landscape and proven expertise in Graphics design. Working in close collaboration with a designated project team and the conference organizing team, the consultant will be responsible for creating engaging and visually compelling design content for each panel task delegated by the project team.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Propose creative and engaging videos for display and presentations, posters, intro manipulations, and concepts that align with the overall conference vision.
- Design and deliver concepts that align with the overall vision.
- Collaborate with the project team to ensure synchronized and high-quality design content
- Collaborate closely with the project team during the process to integrate additional visuals, graphics, and elements.
- Participate in regular team meetings to discuss progress, provide updates, and address any challenges.
Experience and qualification:
- Proven experience in graphics design within the media
- In-depth knowledge of different tools and manipulations to create specified designs.
- Creative mindset and the ability to collaborate effectively with a team to enhance overall video content quality.
- Strong organizational skills and the capability to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment.
- Previous experience collaborating with designs.
- Familiarity with the latest trends and technologies in design manipulations. ● Experience working on projects related to posters, brochures, and digital designs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- A portfolio showcasing previous work.
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume, portfolio, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 17, 2023, 5:00 PM.
MERSA Media Institute is an equal-opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law