Finance and HR Head
Company: MERSA Media Institute
Job Title: Finance and HR Head
Reporting to: Finance and HR Head
Employment type: Fixed term contract
Location of the Job: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Type: Full Time
Deadline of application: December 30, 2020
Position Summary: The Finance officer will be responsible for creating and implementing a financial accounting and control mechanism, budget and disbursement processes for projects in compliance with the financial and policy of MMI and other requirements for Civil Society Organizations. The Finance officer is also responsible for preparing budget justification narratives, disbursement of payments for goods and services in accordance with MERSA Media Institute’s guidelines, project cycle administration and monitoring and evaluation of project spending under the direct supervision of the Finance and HR Head and in collaboration with authorized project staff.
General Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the Finance Officer include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the preparation of proposal budgets and amendment requests in collaboration with partners and with input from program/project associate ;
- Lead the project staff on areas with significant over- or under spending
- Advise program teams on resource integration options to meet match requirements of grants costs for grant proposals
- Lead the development of the annual program team operating budget and monitor actual performance developing grant income projections
- Review and/or generate financial reports in compliance with grant and donor requirements analyze spending trends and provide feedback and analysis to team
Specific duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a financial management mechanism for MERSA Media Institute in accordance with organizational policy, and donor requirements for the specified contract period..
- Process grant transactions according to organizational manuals, regulatory requirements and grant timelines and terms of reference.
- Manage project expenses, handle payment requests and disbursement for procurement of goods and services from contractors, handle documentation and settle/reimburse expenses for travel and training related activities.
- Deduct all applicable taxes from payments for the procurement of goods and services, comply with all applicable tax codes and file to appropriate authorities in a timely manner.
- Prepare and review cash flow for projects and submit a report to the Finance and HR Head and other authorized project staff.
- Support processes for project budgeting and reforecasting
- Manage pety cash according to organizational manuals; process authorized payments and document receipts.
- Document and keep records of all financial transactions, prepare Finacial reports in accordance with project timelines and upon request from management.
- Quickly adapt and implement donor required accounting and reporting requirements..
- Take a lead in financial management and assist project staff and in project cycle management, events planning and management and other project related activities.
- Reconcile all transactions in the accounting system to the general ledger and financial reports.
- Register and maintain fixed assets in the accounting system.
- Perform any other related task as may be assigned.
Bachelors Degree in accounting, finance, or business administration (2-5 years of preferably NGO experience)
- Excellent Experience in using accounting softwares especially quick book.
Experience in handling grants for NGOs, IPSAS ready, project management
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Amharic. Knowing other local languages is advantageous.
Leadership core qualifications including team work, planning and organizing
How to Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com