Position: Fashion consultant
Employment Type: Fixed-term Contract
Duration of Employment: 3 months
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Required number of candidate: 1
Application Deadline: October 16, 2023
Organizational Profile: MERSA Media Institute is a nonprofit media policy think tank. We work to help create vibrant, responsible and independent media institutions, professional unions and education centers through research, capacity building and institutional support in Ethiopia.
Position summary: The fashion consultant is expected to provide expert mentorship for young fashion designers on material sourcing, tech pack creation and sample production to help the young fashion designers curate a new collection blending unique fabrics from various regions, ethnic, and other identities woven into one garment. Each piece is expected to embody more than one fabric with distinctive cultural significance and to tell a story that promotes media and information literacy, civil dialogue and social cohesion among Ethiopian youth.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Provide expert mentorship on material sourcing,tech pack creation and sample production
- Judge a design challenge
- Develop structured criteria to competitively select and approve the works of 6-8 designers that tell compelling stories about social cohesion, civic dialogue and information literacy.
- Help organize a “Social fabric” fashion and art show presenting the works of a diverse group fashion designers
Experience and qualifications:
- Certificate or diploma in Fashion Design is desired
- At Least 5 years of work experience in fashion design
- Portfolio showcasing your previous work is required
- Excellent written and verbal proficiency in English and Amharic
- Interested in contributing his/her part in harnessing the uniting power of fashion and arts to promote media and information literacy, civil dialogue and social cohesion among Ethiopian youth
- Creative with Attention to detail
- Leadership qualities and team worker
- Thrives under pressure
How to Apply: If interested, please send your resume and portfolio of your work and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org until october 16, 5:30 pm.
MERSA Media Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law