Mersa Media Institute and DW Akademie have collaborated to create a 12-week intensive journalism training program in Addis Ababa. The program aims to address skills gaps in the industry and covers various topics such as basic journalism skills, mobile journalism, data analysis, and professional ethics. It offers hands-on training, expert instruction, networking opportunities, and career advancement prospects.
The program is open to university graduates from all fields of study, including journalism, law, languages, economics and medicine, and journalists at the beginning of their careers.
- Strong passion for the field of journalism
- Good writing skills
- Good command of English language
- Committed and hard working
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Interest in current affairs and social issues
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness to learn new things
- Open-minded and flexible
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Fill out the application form and submit it.
- Wait for the selection committee to review your application.
- If you are selected, you will be invited to an official interview.
- If you are successful in the interview, you will be admitted to the program.
The program is offered free of charge.
- Hands-on training
- Expert instruction
- Networking opportunities
- Career advancement
Upon completion of the program, trainees will:
- Acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed as a journalist in the current Ethiopian media space.
- Build a strong portfolio under the guidance of the best journalists in the industry.
- Secure a spot on the job fair at the end of the training.
- Land a job in one of the medias operating in Addis Ababa.
To apply for this program, please fill out the application form.
Fill out the application form completely by September 1, 2023 05:00 PM EAT
Applicants will be selected based on their potential to succeed in the program and their commitment to the media industry as seen from their applications. MMI’s project management team and the pool of trainers will select the final participants.
If you, unfortunately, don’t get selected for the program, you will be notified by an official email after shortlisting is completed.
- The program is open to passionate individuals from various fields who aspire to succeed as journalists.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Applicants must have a strong interest in journalism and a commitment to pursuing a career in the field.
- Applicants must be able to speak and write in English.
- The program will be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- The program will cover a wide range of topics, including basic journalism skills, specialized skills like mobile journalism and data analysis, and professional ethics.
- The program will also offer hands-on training, expert instruction, networking opportunities, and career advancement prospects.
- The program is free of charge.
- Applicants will be selected based on their potential to succeed in the program and their commitment to the media industry.
- The program will begin in September 2023 and will last for 12 weeks.
- Applicants must submit their applications by September 1, 2023.
- The program will be limited to 20 participants.
- The program will be conducted in Amharic.
- Applicants who are not selected for the program will be notified by email.
- The program is subject to change without notice.