Digital Storytelling Training – Call for Applications
Are you ready to take your storytelling skills to the next level? Digital Storytelling is the key to engaging and connecting with audiences in today’s digital world. As a journalist and content creator, it’s essential to have a strong understanding of how to effectively create and share content online.
We are pleased to invite you to participate in a five half-day training spread-out in two weeks on Digital Storytelling, organized by Mersa Media Institute in partnership with DW Akademie.
- What: Digital Storytelling Training
- When: June 01-08, 2023 | 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Where: Mersa Media Institute | Fully equipped audio-visual studio
Training Outcome: After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Tell stories across multi-media platforms
- Curate content for platform native storytelling for platforms such as TikTok, you tube, Facebook, telegram, Instagram, LinkedIn etc
- Learn the basics of podcasting
- Create engaging and effective digital content
- Explore the use of various digital tools and platforms such as video recording, audio recording, editing, distributing etc
- Understand how to monetize and distribute content
Training Structure: The training sessions will be interactive and will include:
- Group work
- Individual exercises
- Dedicated time for offline assignments
Participants will benefit from hands-on practical exercises in our fully equipped audio-visual studio. The training will be given by experienced pool of trainers with vast experience in the Ethiopian media industry.
You will get money to do your story: Upon completing the training, outstanding training participants will be given an opportunity to engage in practical digital story productions under close follow-up and mentorship by the pool of trainers. Mersa Media Institute will make financial contributions to partially cover the cost of story production.
Certificate of Completion: Certificates will be issued to participants who successfully complete the training.
About the Organizers: Mersa Media Institute is a leading media think tank in Ethiopia that works to create a vibrant, responsible, and independent media sector through research, capacity building, and institutional support.
DW Akademie is Deutsche Welle’s center for international media development, journalism training, and knowledge transfer. Our projects strengthen the human right to freedom of expression and unhindered access to information.
Apply Now: Don’t miss out on the chance to elevate your digital storytelling skill and make a lasting impact on audiences! This is your opportunity to enhance your skills and advance your career in the exciting field of digital journalism. The clock is ticking, and space is limited! Don’t wait – apply now to secure your spot. Visit the link below to apply now.
Application form: https://forms.gle/BonWQLHrs8cQAzLi9
The deadline for applications is May 26, 2023!
For additional information please contact: Getaneh Mekuaninte