Terms of Reference
Type of Contract: Individual Contractors
Required number of candidates: 1
Language Required: English and Amharic
Deadline for Application: October 16, 2023.
Organizational Profile: MERSA Media Institute (MMI) is a nonprofit media policy think tank. We work to help create vibrant, responsible, and independent media institutions, professional unions, and education centers through research, capacity building, and institutional support in Ethiopia.
Position Summary: The cinematographer will be in charge of managing the overall video production including directing, video and photo editing, graphic design, and audio editing. The cinematographer will document the works of fashion designers, MMI project planning, visual and other performance artists to tell a compelling story about the pre-event preparation, event and post-production.They are expected to create a documentary film and Event promotional materials.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Video profiles of selected artistes and fashion designers
- Create a documentary film on the works of fashion designers, MMI project planning, visual and other performance artists to tell a compelling story about the pre-event preparation, event and post-production.
- Event promotional materials
- Inserting sound effects, music, graphics, and special effect
- Edit the video production to present; prepare the final cut
- Create compelling and engaging videos for various platforms
- Stay up to date with contemporary technical skills
- Be responsible for staying on budget and schedule
Experience and required qualifications
- Certificate or diploma in videography and photography
- Experience as a cinematographer (director)
- Motion graphics experience
- Proficient in using a variety of cameras, lighting equipment, and post-production software.
- Portfolio showcasing your previous work is required
- Excellent written and verbal proficiency in English and Amharic
- Creative, storyteller, visual thinker
- Attention to detail
- Experience with different editing software
- Core leadership qualities: shaper, implementer, completer finisher, team worker highly desirable
- Thrives under pressure
- If you have a track record of getting things done, you will enjoy working with us
How to Apply: Qualified applicants, please send your resume, application letter, and samples of your previous work (video produced) to email@example.com until October 16, 5:30 pm.
MERSA Media Institute is an equal-opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law